Top Five: Drugstore Nude Lipsticks


Hello ducklings! About a week ago on instagram I snapped a pic of my favorite natural/neutral/nude/everyday lip colors and thought that I would give you some more information as to why I love them! I'll incllude the instagram post below!


These lipsticks are all super comfortable on the lips and are not drying! Isn't it the absolute worst when lipsticks dry out your lips? It is so nasty and unflattering! These lipsticks range in price from $2.94-$7.99 (USD). Although, if you wait for a sale you can get them super cheap! 



The Milani color statement lipstick in Nude Creme is an absolute dream (haha see what I did there?). This lipstick looks like my lips but better. Nude creme is described as a pinky nude, but I would say there is some peach in there as well. Though it is not as peachy as say Frida. This is a cream finish lipstick, so it's not overly shiny nor is it matte. Since it is not matte is does fade faster but it still has decent wear time. One of the only potential down sides to this lipstick is the smell. It smells like watermelon candy, which does fade after a while, but you can kind of taste it. Which is weird. 


Daringly Nude by Maybelline is a matte peachy brown nude lipstick. This was the most expensive lipstick, in part because I purchased it at Ulta, but I'm pretty sure I used a coupon or it was on sale? I don't remember haha. This lipstick is perfect for when you want to look put together without feeling heavy and cakey. Since it is matte is does stick around longer on the lips than a shiny lipstick would. However what is nice about this lipstick is that when it dries down and fades it doesn't leave your lips looking flaky and dry! 


Nude and the City from Rimmel makes me want to watch Sex and the City, is that weird? No? Moving on.... This is one of the darker lipsticks that I chose. This is a more brown pink that has a more glossy finish than the rest. This is also, though, probably the most comfortable on the lips. Which I would hope given the name of the line of lipsticks is moisture renew haha. 


Natural by ELF is kind of a cheater product if you ask me. I use it to line my lips sometimes, I use it alone, I use it with a gloss, I use it to solve world hunger... hahaha. This is the more pink version of the Maybelline lipstick, except maybe not as comfortable on the lips. However, what saved this product is the packaging! The little end that has the color of the lipstick on it pops off and has a sharpener on it! How neat is that! I love it! (Which as you can see below I need to sharpen it haha)


Last but most certainly not least! Frida by Colourpop! This color was designed by Dani from Coffeebreakwithdani! Phew long name! It is incredibly flattering on so many skin types and tones. It is neat to see how it pulls on certain people, whether it goes more peach or pink. On my it leans more peachy. This color is, according to colourpops website, "a warm mid tone nude pink with a satin finish". With Colourpop lippie stix I am a little more picky, I am not a fan of the glossy ones, I can tolerate the creme and satins, and I really like the matte ones. The matte ones are definitely my faves out of their line. 


I hope you enjoyed getting a closer look at five of my favorite drugstore lipsticks! Also if you want more makeupy stuff follow me on instagram! @makeup_books_love



No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com