Natural/Green Beauty Chat


Hi all! So today I wanted to talk about something that has been on my mind for awhile, switching to natural/green makeup products. I recently downloaded the Think Dirty app and it was kind of shocking how bad most makeup products are for you!


The app breaks down the ingredients of each product and rates them on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being good for you and 10 being bad for you. Ideally I would like to get rid of or use up all products that have a rating higher than 5, but for now I am going to start at 7 and work my way down to eventually all products being 0-3.

Health is very important to me, especially since I don't have the best health because of my awful genetics. So I want to do everything I can to minimize future health risks, and with skin being the largest organ, it is very important for me to start there (well actually I technically started on my digestive tract but that was mandatory).


Just for reference here are some brands with mostly only low (0-3) ratings: W3ll People, Tata Harper, Physicians Formula (a lot of their face products are not low, unfortunately), RMS Beauty, Pacifica, Burt's Bees lip products, EOS, BareMinerals, Glossier, Alima Pure, 100% Pure, Juice Beauty, and Honest Beauty.


Here are some brands that fall mostly in the middle (4-7): Urban Decay, Too Faced, ELF, It Cosmetics, Tarte, Smashbox, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Wet 'n' Wild, Kat Von D, and Stila.


Here are some brands that have mostly high (8-10) ratings: L'Oreal, Maybelline, Covergirl, Benefit, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Estee Lauder, Milani, and Becca Cosmetics.

Did any of these brands surprise you? I know some like Aveeno and Becca did, I wouldn't have thought them to have such nasty ingredients, but I am excited to try out more from the first two categories and keep you all updated along the way! Do you have any favorite natrual/green/organic beauty brands? Please let me know I am eager to try any and all!

Also in case you were wondering, this was not sponsored, Think Dirty has never heard of me and probably never will haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com