Alexis Ren X Colourpop Review


Hi all! I was so excited about this launch! The message and theme behind this collaboration was "no makeup" makeup, and if you have read anything I have written, you will know I am all about that life! Also this was the first time Colourpop released a powder face product, which is super exciting. However, I have yet to try their new powder eyeshadows. The Alexis Ren collection features the Topaz palette, an ultra matte lip in Little Weapon (not pictured as I did not purchase it), an ultra satin lip in Bare Necessities, and three new blotted lip lipsticks in Deja Vu, Lexi, and Exotic (also not pictured).

(L to R) Golden Moment, She's Here to Stay, Bare Necessities, Deja Vu, Lexi
Topaz Palette
The Topaz palette ($15) is quite clearly the shining jewel of this collection, for good reason. The bronzer, Golden Moment, is on the orange side of the bronzer spectrum. As you can see from the swatch it is a little powdery, but the powder formula is so creamy it almost feels like a super shock bronzer from Colourpop. It can look a little patchy, on me anyway, if I don't use a light hand or if I don't put any setting powder down before it.Golden Moment is extremely pigmented, so if you are fair like me use a super light hand other wise it will look super orange. I really do like the bronzer and I am super excited to use it this summer when I am a slightly less ghostly shade! 
The highlighter, She's Here to Stay, is, as you can see a little dark for me. This powder also has a creamy texture, but it doesn't kick up as much powder as the bronzer shade. As I mentioned it is a little dark for me right now, but I have no problem mixing it with a lighter highlight to make it work for me because it is such a beautiful highlight. I have no issues blending it either so thats a bonus!
 - Overall, I really do like this palette, however it would better suite someone with a darker, or even more tan, skin tone than me. That is not saying though that my equally fair friends cannot make it work, they just have to be careful!

*****Update: The bronzer shatters super easily, so be super careful with it. I kinda recommend it a little less, because it shattered while sitting in a drawer, it wasn't even dropped or moved around roughly.****** 
***** Update again: Colourpop's customer service was really good and they are replacing it! So woo hoo!****

Ultra Satin Lip - Bare Necessities 
Bare Necessities is described as a peachy pink nude on Colourpop's website. However, on me it looks a little neon, which is a little weird but if I use a darker lip liner it looks more wearable and natural. The formula is nice and appears to be the same as the permanent Ultra Satin Lips, so I won't go on forever, but if you want to know what I think I reviewed the USL's here!
- Overall, I wouldn't repurchase it, simply because the color was not what I expected, nor necessarily wanted.

Blotted Lip Lippie Stix - Deja Vu and Lexi
Deja Vu is described as a pink nude. It does pull a little mauve, which I personally like. This is such a natural and wearable color! It lasts around 3 hours without eating and only drinking, so it has a pretty average wear time for a lipstick, however since it is such a natural color you can hardly tell when it wears off and you don't have to worry about it smearing all over your face which is like my second biggest fear.
Lexi is a cool toned red, that falls on the deeper end of the red lip spectrum. This is my favorite red lip stick out of all of the red lip sticks I have ever owned. It looks so natural, yet still packs a punch, and again like Deja Vu, even when you are eating you don't have to worry about it smearing off of your face because it wears off so nicely!
-Overall I would repurchase these and only these for the rest of my life. Lol.

Have you tried anything from the Alexis Ren X Colourpop collab? What do you think about it? Let me know below!


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com