Capsule Makeup Collection

Hi all! Last night I was feeling so overwhelmed when I looked at all of the makeup I still had. Unfortunately, I still can't bear to part with any of my biggest offenders. Eyeshadow Palettes, I have maybe 18 total and that is still really stressing me out so I thought "okay right now at 11:52 pm, I am going to finally create a capsule collection". It took me close to an hour to sort everything out and I decided not to separate products like: foundations, concealers, face powders, eyebrow stuff, mascara, and primers. Everything else got separated, except I still need to separate my single eyeshadows, but I was too tired last night and I don't have that many so I didn't feel an urgent need to do it yet. As soon as I do though, I will update!


I don't have the space to physically separate every single season's worth of products, so I took a notebook and wrote down all of the categories I had included (eyeshadow palettes, blush, bronzer, highlighter, and both regular and liquid lipsticks) and gave each category its own page. On the page I wrote down each season and under that the 2-4 products I would be using.

Since I don't have very many face palettes and I have been meaning to go through them thoroughly, I have decided to do a one month one palette sort of deal because I only have 9 and honestly it just seemed like a good idea last night haha. Another thing I am doing differently, I have a few products that just didn't seem to fit into any season (i.e. the colors I think should go with each season that are totally arbitrary) so they are what I call my "floater" products because they will stay at my main little vanity box all year unless I declutter them or finally pick a season for them. My floater products also include some that I just want to use up, like my Ofra liquid lipstick in Pasadena, actually I think that is the only one.... yes....

Anyway....

I think for the rest of this post I will focus solely on my floater products. So three categories there is at least one floater product, the categories are blush, eyeshadow palettes, and lip products.


BLUSH
My floater product in my blush category is the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Paaarty. It is a beautiful neutral mauve blush, it's just a shade that would look good with any look in just about any season. Now that I think about it, I'll probably use it the least in the summer, but I'm still going to keep it as a floater because I can do what I want, so ha!

EYESHADOW PALETTES
Oh my goodness, my fingers do not want to type letters in the right order, I get typing so fast and then I realize that letters are totally switched around! I apologize I am so rambly today! This category has two floaters! I kept out two very very very neutral palettes, so that way if I needed a shade for like transition I would have it. Some palettes are really lacking on good transition shades (looking at you Sweet Peach palette). The two floaters in this category are the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette, which if you follow me on instagram you know I had been struggling with whether or not I should keep this because, I have the Gwen palette and like half the shades are in there. But since I decided to keep it, I thought this would be the best place for it since it is like all transition shades (woo hoo!).

The other palette I kept as a floater was the Lorac Nude Necessities palette, in part because I would like to finish it up. (Never mind the fact that there's like no use on it.) But I would like to finish it up because over the last year or so Lorac's cruelty free status has gotten more and more ambiguous and frankly, I am just going to stay away from them for now. I wish, though that if they were cruelty free they would have done versions of this for like every skin tone (in the broader sense, of course); so a palette for fair, one for light, one for medium, and one for dark. I think that would have been really cool and they totally missed that opportunity

LIP PRODUCTS
I have FOUR floaters in this category, but like I mentioned above, one of them I am trying to use up (also as previously mentioned the Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Pasadena). Pasadena is one of my oldest liquid lipsticks and it is a very dupable shade, I am just ready to finish it and have it out of my life! But, don't get me wrong, Ofra has a great liquid lipstick formula!

The second floater is the Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip in Zuma. HAVE YOU TRIED THIS FORMULA YET?!?! IT IS THE BEST, HANDS DOWN!!! I think that is really all I need to say, aside from this is my perfect my lips but better shade and sometimes I wear it all alone with no mascara, which I admit, is kinda weird.

My third floater is the Nars Lipstick in Dolce Vita. It is a very sheer neutral lipstick that I wear consistently (because hello, if you haven't noticed, I love "no makeup" makeup looks). I don't want to not have "access" to it, granted if I really wanted to wear it I would because, while I love rules, I'm going to break them. Especially if I make the rules for myself #selfcontrol.

The final floater is my Burt's Bees tinted lip oil in Radiant Rose. This is only a floater because it is the only lip gloss type product I own. Granted it is more of a spring/summer product to me, but with the amount I use it, it will probably be gone by the end of the summer!

Have you ever done a capsule collection? Have you ever wanted to? So far I am really loving it, let me know your thoughts down below!

*Some links are affiliate*

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com