Sephora Formula X

 These nail polishes have received a lot of hype. I recently got my hands on two different types of the Formula X polishes. I got Invincible, a light nude-y colored one, and Phenomena, a neon purple. They both apply nicely, but I have one question. What is up with the fake caps? I tried to twist it off and obviously that did not open the polish. I feel like all nail polishes have these weird pseudo caps. Thankfully the mini polishes don't have the same pseudo cap, so I didn't have as much of a problem getting into the mini one.
 The mini one I have is Invincible as mentioned above it is a light nude-y color. It leans a little to the pink side of nude. Though it is much too light to look like you have no polish on. Invincible needs two or more coats as it does apply a little streaky, they both do to be honest. It dries to a normal shiny/dull-ish finish. You will probably need three coats just to be safe.


I do have a full size of the neon purple, Phenomena. For both of the polishes there is nothing really special about the brush. This polish requires more than one coat :( The first coat does look more magenta than purple, so be aware. After two coats the polish is pretty opaque but even after two coats it looks way more pink than purple. In some lights, like yellow incandescent lights, it does appear more purple. But in fluorescent lights it looks super pink.
Pseudo Cap
  So all in all, will I go out and buy more immediately? Probably not. They are nice but they are pretty similar to drugstore nail polishes, though they do go a day or more longer without chipping than regular drugstore polishes. Though a polish comparable in both look and wear are the CoverGirl Outlast nail polishes, except they don't have the pseudo cap! :) stardoll


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com