Empties Roundup


Hey ducklings! So before I get to the actual point of the post, I thought I would ask a few questions about what you would like to see here on pink ducks red sweaters! I've been playing around with the idea of doing a series of basic makeup products for like school, work, party, and so on. Is that something you would like to see? Or do you have any different ideas that you would like to see? Onto the empties!! (all prices listed are for the full size product)
- Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB ($36.00) This was probably my least favorite of the bb creams that I used up recently. It made my skin look heavy, cakey, and weirdly enough gray. There also was not a whole lot of product in my sample so I got maybe 3 uses out of it. That was fine by me though, since I'm not the biggest fan of it! I would not repurchase this. 
- Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm ($34.00) My sample was in the shade Nude Glow, which was a hair too dark for me. Since it is summer I was able to make it work. This BB cream was okay, however I wouldn't repurchase it. There are better BB's at the drugstore that cost a lot less than this and give me the same or better results.
-  Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($62.00) I had this in the shade 5.5 which was again too dark for me, but being that I am slightly tan I could make it work without looking like an oomppa loompa! haha. I was not a big fan of this, maybe had it been in the right shade I would have liked it more. This made me look really oily and accentuated my dry patches. It was really messy to apply because it is so watery/liquidy. I would not repurchase this. 
-Coola Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint Natural BB Cream ($36.00) Man this product has a long name! This was probably my favorite of the four. However, I didn't use it as a BB on its own so much as a primer or a mixer. I used it in combination with the luminous silk foundation to make it look more natural and closer to my color. Or I would use it as a primer underneath a powder foundation, as it has somewhat of a silicone feel to it. Which is strange because there are no siliconey ingredients in the product. It has very natural ingredients like shea butter, cucumber, and linseed oil. I would consider repurchasing this, but I have another sample of this to work through. 
- Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara in Very Black Blaze ($6.99) This mascara has a really thick and rather short tube. The wand is shaped like an hourglass and has natural fiber bristles as opposed to the harder plasticy ones. I really liked this mascara for my top lashes, I thought it did a good job adding some length and some volume without being too clumpy. For my bottom lashes, however, this was a struggle. The brush was too big to get all of the little lashes on the edges and I ended up getting more mascara under my eye than on my lower lashes. I would repurchase, but I have a bajillion mascaras to work through. 
-Covergirl Clean Sensitive Skin Pressed Powder in 225 Buff Beige ($5.94) I am so tired of this powder. This is the second compact of this powder I have gone through. Which actually is a pretty huge accomplishment. This is a really nice powder for light oil control and it does offer some coverage depending on how you apply it. Be careful though, if you apply too much your face will look and feel like a powder cake. I would repurchase this but I'm not going to because I don't want to. Haha. 
- Benefit Fake Up Concealer in 01 Light ($24.00) This did not work at all for my undereyes, which is what this product is designed for. It made my undereye circles look gray and it creased. It was hydrating feeling so I'll give it that. It worked a lot better for the blemishes on my forehead than anywhere else. So at least I got some good use out of the tiny sample, and no I don't think I would repurchase this. 
- PINK Eau De Toilette minis in Pretty and Pure and Wild and Breezy ($18.00/each) First things first, I don't think they sell Pretty and Pure anymore, which is terribly sad because I liked that one. Pretty and Pure smelled a little like pink lemonade and laundry detergent, which sounds weird but is a really nice combination haha. Wild and Breezy is a very fresh scent and contains notes of red guava and passion flower. The more I wore either of the scents the more I ended up loving them. I would consider repurchasing Wild and Breezy, since I can't repurchase Pretty and Pure.
- Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes ($5.78) I already reviewed these, so I won't bore you with another review. If you'd like to see the review go check it out :) Overall I would repurchase these. 
- e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set with Aloe, Green Tea, Cucumber, and Vitamins A, C, & E ($3) My biggest complaint with this was that it didn't spray out in a fine enough mist for my liking. It sprayed out in rather big droplets. However I was watching one of EmilyNoel83's youtube videos and she was talking about how she got a new one and it had a really nice fine spray. So I think after hearing that, since I did like the product itself, I will repurchase it once I finish some of my other setting sprays!

Any products that you've finished up recently that you loved or hated? I would love to hear about them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com