Quick Pick Review: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

Hey lovelies! Hope your week is going great! Today I thought I would review for you the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream. At Sephora this retails for $39.00/1 fl oz. Which is a little pricey, if you ask me. I got this is one of the Sephora Favorites kits that came out last winter. 
This BB has light to medium, at the most, coverage. It is not the most buildable foundation, but it is very lightweight feeling on the skin. On my dry to combo skin I got all day wear without much breakdown, even on the nose. I did find that it oxidized on me about half a shade/one shade darker than it started. Which is not that big of a deal in the summer when I have a bit of a tan. In the winter however that will be more of a problem because I am white, like only a shade darker than paper. haha. 
As you can see by the picture above, the BB is more thick than watery. I personally like that I think it makes it easier to apply. I prefer to apply this with my fingers, simply because it is faster and can give you a more natural look. Unless you forget to blend, haha, then you'll have finger streaks on your face. I also set it with a powder and I did touch up the powder a few times throughout the day. Which kept the shine at bay and kept the BB looking fresh without getting cakey.
Overall I do like this BB cream, better than most drugstore BBs I have tried. It is pricey but if you are treating yourself to a little splurge this is a nice lightweight, natural BB cream that is worth trying. However I would wait until Sephora releases their Christmas time favorites and see if it is in one of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com